Friday 24 May 2013

I like the way you work it, no diggity

I should have posted this ages ago!  I made meringues last weekend, took pictures and then completely forgot about them.


I used a combination of recipes to mix these up.  Mostly I followed a recipe from Allrecipes.ca, but I set the oven to 275˚F instead of 200˚F and only baked them for an hour.  I must say, for my first try these were pretty close to perfect!

The night I made them we had them for dessert in a berry fool, which was a mixture of balkan yogurt, whipped cream, and fresh berries.

Since meringues last forever, we also had them with lemon custard and blackberries.


On their third night I made an orange buttercream to sandwich them together.  I made it up as I went along so I really have no way of knowing what I used!!  Really should have blogged about it as soon as I'd finished!  Oh well... it wasn't exceptional; probably too sweet (especially paired with the already sweet meringues) and the orange flavor definitely wasn't strong enough.  I probably wouldn't make it the same way again, so no harm done!


If you're wondering about the title of my post, this song is really stuck in my head - I mean really stuck in there!  I keep coming back to the same line; so when I went to create a title it was the only thing I could think of...its a pretty neat song, but listen at your own peril...don't say I didn't warn you!!  Ed Sheeran feat. Passenger No Diggity- Thrift Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment