Thursday 9 May 2013

Browned Butter Blondies

 I baked this about a week ago and forgot to post about it because I'm terrible. In my defense, they were only alright - I overbaked them (despite taking a few minutes off the recipe's suggestion!) so they were cake-like rather than dense, which I would have preferred. At least the stove heated to the temperature I wanted it too. I definitely do not miss our gas monster.


 Still, browning the butter was so tasty. If you're not familiar with the process, essentially it involves heating butter in a pan until the milk parts 'brown' and take on a nutty smell and flavour. I think I'll try it in a chocolate chip cookie next!


Speaking of cookies: the coconut cookies you made sound amazing. Maybe those'll make it to the counter back on Ellerbeck Street?

I found the recipe on a blog called Crunchy Creamy Sweet . I didn't make the icing, but maybe I should have!

No comments:

Post a Comment