Sunday 1 June 2014

Coconut Lime Bars with White Chocolate Chips

You really don't want to squeeze the juice of five limes if you have a paper cut.  I can still feel it tingle.


























Today was the perfect day for a little bit of sunbathing on the pier with a good book.

Which is exactly how I spent my lazy Sunday hours, in between baking and grocery shopping of course.


























I can't BELIEVE I have never visited the pier before.  If you haven't then you must must must!!  I could have been on a beach in the Bahamas today (minus the white sand and turquoise water...but hey, close enough - and a few hundred dollars cheaper).  It was so damn tropical that my baking just had to be vacation-inspired.

Hence the creation of these babies.


























I was a bit concerned that they had too much going on, what with the lime, coconut, AND chocolate.  But ohhh baby.  There is nothing wrong with them at all.  Perfetto.


























I have to say it seems like I keep baking squares and brownies...but it was totally worth it this week.

Next week maybe I'll change things up.

Until then,

Nicola 

PS. I can't leave without posting a picture of my french toast this morning. Mmmmmmmmmm why isn't breakfast all day??


























Also, in case you haven't guessed, my camera lives on my kitchen table.

Ta-ta-for-now

~

No comments:

Post a Comment