Sunday 25 May 2014

The Tale of the Chocolate Mousse Brownie


























Why does chocolate have a way of getting absolutely EVERYWHERE when I bake with it?  Is this just me?  Its like it wants to get me in trouble.  Leaving crumbs on my face and arms.  Letting the whole world know that I have just licked the bowl clean.  And the beaters.  Maybe the spatula too.

Which is why I will not leave the house for the rest of the evening.  Also because, unsurprisingly, I'm not feeling too hot.

Ohhh chocolate, you are my weakness.


























It's been a long time since I baked anything with chocolate.  The 'chocolate only' section of my Pintrest has been taunting me for a while.  This is something I felt I had to remedy.

One particular recipe was calling my name.  A layer of brownies covered with a layer of chocolate mousse?  I am so in.


























I made a couple of notes today mid-bake:

2:23 PM.  The first layer of chocolate is in the oven. I took a taste off the spatula and OH-MY-GOD. I might have died and gone to heaven.  I don't know if I will be able to give these away.

2:25 PM.  The smell.  My kitchen smells like a chocolaterie.  AH.  My mouth is watering.  I wish there was some way I could share this over the internet.

3:00 PM.  What do you mean refrigerate for 24 hours?!?  That is pure madness.  I don't know how I will contain myself.

Which brings me to 3:30 PM.  My kitchen is spotless, but so is the mixing bowl - and my body hates me for it.  I don't think I will go near chocolate for a while.


























So good news: it looks like my brownies will leave the house after all.

If you are in Kingston expect a delivery in the next few days!  If you are out of town I am so sorry.  I really am.  Really really.

À la prochaine,

Vianne Rocher

~

No comments:

Post a Comment