Thursday 6 March 2014

it's normal for 6 months to go by in a second, right?



 
Good evening! (well, morning I guess).  It's been a while!  To my small following of readers: if you are still with me, I'm impressed.  To say I took a small break from blogging would be an understatement.

Sometimes, life gets distracting, and you forget to do the things you love.  Or maybe you still do, but you don't love them as much.  Anyway, that's what happened to me.  And on this lovely Thursday (Friday now) in Kingston, I remembered I had a blog.

Last week, I bought eggs.  Then I went away for a few days, came back, and found out they expire tomorrow.  So instead of doing everything else I was supposed to be doing tonight, I was frantically searching for recipes in order to not waste my 60 cents worth of eggs.

I was inspired by all the amazing photos on this blog.  Beautiful, mouthwatering stuff.  I highly recommend taking a look.

Landed on this recipe for banana squares because a) I also had ripe bananas, b) they looked good, and (bonus!) they're healthy (until I drizzled them with chocolate sauce).




 
I followed the recipe to a tee, and I have to say the squares are perfect.  Delectable in every way.  And made with whole wheat!  You wouldn't even notice, I swear.

The only thing I did differently was add my own chocolate sauce.  If you know me well, the reason for this is obvious; I am a chocolate addict.  I honestly cannot understand anyone who isn't.

In this case though I think I took my addition too far and the squares might have been better off without the chocolate, but at least it looks pretty.






Maybe I will try using white chocolate next time.


That's all from me for now!  I promise I'll be back sooner next time.


Happy Friday!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment