Sunday 9 March 2014

blueberry icebreaker


Hellooooo.  Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday evening.  I personally love this time of year; optimism is sky-high as the days get longer and the sun gets stronger.

Today's excitement was a fun baking sesh with my new housemate.  What a great way to break the ice and get to know someone!  Its not too hard on the wallet, and afternoon tea was made complete with fresh-baked goodies.

The fruit of our labor today was a batch of whole wheat blueberry muffins, coincidentally from the same blog as my last post.  When my new housemate suggested this, I couldn't say no.




This recipe turned out to be almost as good as the banana squares, but not quite at the same level of perfection.  Overall, they painted a similar picture; healthy, naturally sweet, and the perfect snack.  However, we ran into trouble with the crumble in this recipe, which seemed to be way too wet to even pass as remotely crumbly.



Adding a tad more flour seemed to solve this issue and the muffins turned out gloriously in the end.  Perhaps too sweet for my liking, but I think that's just me being weird.
 

Afternoon tea is a wonderful thing.  I may be biased, but I highly recommend it.



I can't believe I neglected baking for as long as I did.  Food is so beautiful.  I'm not sure I can go more than an hour without thinking about it.


Have a wonderful Monday!  (Remember, it's just one day closer to the next weekend).

Expect something green and Irish sometime in the next few weeks...

~

No comments:

Post a Comment