Sunday 16 March 2014

"a good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures"

Well boss, how's about yea?


I'm feeling a little...green.  Aye, and Irish too!

And what a better way to get in touch with my Irish side, than by baking a something green on the eve of St. Patty's??

Sooooooo I was a bit worried about how I would ever be able to blog again, since my oven is BROKEN.  I mean really, whyy?? Why would it decide to break down the week before St. Patrick's Day?  Honestly, it should know me better than that.

Anger aside, I had to get creative, and find something that didn't require an oven.  Because obviously I can't go without some green delicacies on the one day I get to pretend to be Irish (who knows why).

So here it is: a green no-bake cheesecake adapted from this Martha Stewart recipe.



It's kind of cheating, a no-bake cheesecake.  You use cream cheese and condensed milk instead of real cheese, but still - the batter tasted amaaaazing.  I'm slightly impressed with my first fake cheesecake.  I can't wait to eat it tomorrow. 



My apologies for the lack of pictures; the cake is still chilling, so I can't release it from its springform prison just yet.


Oh and in case you didn't pick up on it, the title is an Irish limerick.  There's a tonne more on this lovely site.  I suggest stopping everything you're doing tonight, and memorizing the whole list.  That way you can impress people with your *cough* long-lost-Irish heritage.

Have a good week, and "take her handy" tomorrow!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment