Monday 31 March 2014

Celebratory Scones


Rejoice! Praise all the baking gods/goddesses of this world! I've fixed my oven! Hallelujah! My blog can go on!


























In case it wasn't obvious, the oven in my house has regained its functionality.  As of a couple hours ago.  In celebration, and in spirit of my upcoming trip to the UK, I whipped up some classic tea scones (see recipe here).


























I don't know if its because I was in such a great mood when I made them, but they are FABULOUS.  Perhaps it is just purely the satisfaction of having a working oven again.  Ovens are truly magical instruments.  It is amazing how much my happiness relies on my oven.


Having gone so long without an oven, I am overwhelmingly inspired to bake everything and anything.

Things on my must-bake list include:

1.  These next-level raspberry scones.
2.  Feeling the approaching summer vibes, this upside down pineapple cake looks particularly appealing.
3.  GAH. I have no words for this. #addict



Finally, I will add (if I may), that given stress is high with the looming final exams season and last-minute assignment submissions, I hope you will take a moment every once and a while to admire your surroundings.  Remember that no matter you worries, fears, and concerns - you are amazing, you can do it, and at the end of the day - life goes on!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Nicola 

~

No comments:

Post a Comment