Monday 11 August 2014

A late-night raspberry quickie

That title probably implies something way more interesting than what I'm about to show you.


























Last week, I made raspberry jam squares.  I know, I know, why didn't I post on Sunday?!?  Well the truth is, this weekend I was a hippy with no shoes, internet, or cares in the world.

In other words, I was camping out at a music festival.


























I made the squares ahead of time to bring as a snack, but as it turns out, thirst was a priority in the heat, so I still had a few left over for a photoshoot.

 

If you ever need a snack that has endurance, jam bars are the way to go.  These things made it all the way to an island and back in the bottom of a ludicrously heavy back pack.  AND they survived the greenhouse effect of the tent we were in.  Which melted the granola bars, I might add.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oatmeal Raspberry Jam Bars*

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup + 2 tbsps brown sugar, lightly packed
1 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup old fashioned oats
Scant 1 cup raspberry jam

Preheat oven to 350F.  Line 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, set aside.  In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.  Stir in oats.

Press just over half the mixture into a flat layer on the parchment paper.  Spread with raspberry jam.  Sprinkle remaining mixture on top.  Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden.

*Recipe adapted from Chelsea's Messy Apron.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
























Camping out at a music festival made for a wildly wonderful & relaxing weekend.  I highly recommend experiencing it if you haven't yet.

If the weather's nice, make an excuse to get outside.  I guarantee you won't regret it.

That's all from me for now,

Ciao,

Nicola 

No comments:

Post a Comment