Sunday 20 July 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Blueberry Cookies

Does it ever happen that you have exactly the right ingredients for a recipe you've chosen on the spot?

Doesn't happen for me either.


























This week I thought it had, but it turns out using fresh instead of frozen blueberries is not always an upgrade.


























I suppose after all my chocolate mousse adventures that a cookie might seem kind of dull.  But in lieu of my recent illness I found it hard to be organized enough to do something more complicated.


























The important thing is they are still edible.  And different from my bog-standard chocolate chip cookie!  (I haven't blogged about these - but I will - I stand by my belief that they are and always will be the best and most addictive cookie in existence).

I know the batter would have come up much nicer if I'd followed the recipe 100%. *heavy sigh*


























You may have noticed (or not) that there was no post from me last week.  My sincere apologies to anyone I may have disappointed!  I was bedridden with a nasty virus and besides the fact that I couldn't move, I didn't think anyone would want to eat my diseased baking anyway...But don't worry I am completely recovered and possibly even healthier than before I was sick! (Owed to an increased intake in multivitamins).  So I guarantee my blueberry cookies are germ-free.


























You can find the full recipe here.

In closing I'd like to say Happy Birthday to Prince George, who turns one on Tuesday.  I intended to celebrate with a blue sponge cake...Maybe next week.

Although, at the rate I am adding bananas to my freezer I think it will have to be banana bread.

Cheerio,

Nicola 

No comments:

Post a Comment